Write a review
- 2 pounds sirloin beef salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shot of bourbon
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup crumble Roquefort other blue cheese
- 4 sesame hamburger buns or English muffins, split Extra virgin olive oil for brushing thinly sliced 1 red onion
- 4 tomato slices
- Iceberg lettuce leaves
- Prepare a fire in a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill or a broiler
- In a large bowl, combine the ground sirloin, salt, pepper optional Dijon mustard and bourbon, and enough barbecue sauce to moisten the meat as you shape it into eight 1/2 inch thick patties.
- sprinkle the cheese over a patty and add an extra dollop in the centre. /top with a second patty and use your fingers to mold the two burgers together at the edges to form one thick patty Repeat to make 4 burgers.
- Grill the patties, turn once. or broil them about 3 inches from the heat source, 3 to 4 minutes on each side for rare 5 to 7 minutes on each side for medium; and 8 minutes per side for well done. The burger should be a little charred on the outside but moist with the melted cheese on the inside.
- Lightly brush the buns or English muffins with olive oil and grill or broil for 1 minute, or until lightly toasted. Serve the hamburgers with some extra sauce, red onion, tomato, and lettuce.