Salsa Verde Canapes
Crostini are little appetizers that you can invent yourself depending on what’s in season and what you have in the house. Salsa verde is a tangy herby sauce often served to accompany boiled meats, but delicious in its own right. Cut thin slices of firm bread (Tuscan-style bread is best but baguette will do), toast it if you like, and top with the sauce:
Write a review
- 2 boiled eggs
- Parsley, small bunch, leaves only
- Capers, 10 to 15
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Olive oil
- Vinegar (apple or wine), a splash
- A little anchovy paste or 1 anchovy fillet (optional)
- Combine the above ingredients (except the oil and vinegar) into a smooth (but not completely uniform) paste using a food processor. Add the olive oil and vinegar. Salt to taste.
- Use to top crostini or to accompany other dishes.