Roast Peppers with Goat's Cheese Canapes
Crostini are little appetizers that you can invent yourself depending on what’s in season and what ingredients you happen to have around. At our cooking courses in Tuscany, we often serve these crostini (which are red, white and yellow) alongside our green salsa verde crostini. A pretty combination!
Write a review
- A couple of small peppers, preferably one red, one yellow
- Parsley or Basil
- Goat’s cheese
- Roast or grill a pepper or two. Put them in a plastic bag or a closed container to cool. They will “sweat” and be much easier to peel.
- Peel and deseed the peppers, Cut into fine strips.
- Dress the pepper strips with salt, pepper, and a little raw finely chopped garlic (optional) good olive oil and fresh basil and/or parsley. Leave a little while to marinate.
- Top the bread with a little slice of goat’s cheese and some pepper strips.